Thursday 18 December 2008

Stash and UFO busting


Decided today was THE day.. time to start preparing for 2009 "Stash Busting" plus thought it might be an idea to UFO bust while I was at it !!!
I weighed 14 metres of fabric converted it to yards and found the weight worked out to be 4.3 oz per yard [ I refuse to measure in metres and weigh in grams ] I then emptied my fabric cupboard and weighed all the cotton quilting fabrics AGH ! Horror ! 2708 oz which is 630 yards. This will be my starting figure for 2009.
THE PLAN is to reduce this to below 500 yds and only buy what I cannot live without.
While I was in the sorting out mode I then thought I had one or two UFO projects so I'd add them to my list.. see seperate entry, but when did one or two UFO's become 20 plus ?

1 comment:

Donna said...

The UFOs multiply when we aren't looking, just like the fabric.

A friend made the state star quilt and it was beautiful. That's a UFO worth finishing.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...