Tuesday 30 March 2010

Back of quilt-as-you-go quilt


This is the back of the quilt-as-you-go, showing how I used a wavy creative grids ruler as a template for the easy quilting, and the finish of the joining. My sewing machines do not have large throats so I find manovering a large quilt very difficult. Having made small blocks in the quilt-as-you-go method I thought if I made my large quilt in panels I could cope and then joined them... BINGO... it was so much easier.
Quilt-as-you-go there are lots of www site and U-tube advice on this method, but I joined a 1 1/8" strip to the front and a folded in half 1 3/4" strip to the back of one panel. Next I joined the 1 1/8" strip to the next panel, making sure the batting met in the middle. Finally I sewed the folded strip across the backs and joined by hand. Does this make sense?

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Way to go Diana..well done and yep makes perfect sense.cheers Vickie

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...