Sunday 12 June 2011

Family Tree quilt goes together



Gradually my Family Tree is coming together.


After adding a 1 1/4 inch border to every picture I was very unsure how to make all the different size photos fit together.

Chris [ usually called Mr Fixit ] suggested making them all either 6, 9, 12 or 15 inches plus the 1/2 inch for the seam allowance.

As I had been using a jelly roll I just added a strip to each side and then cut them down to various sizes.. all went together well except I had a 6 inch slot missing, so I added another photo of my in-laws wedding and I now have it ready to quilt.

3 comments:

Quilty Conscience said...

What a great project! And having received Block Lotto blocks from you I feel like I "know" you now! Toni

Gari in AL said...

Oh, that came together beautifully. Your jelly roll just tied everything together. I am really impressed.

AnnieO said...

Wow, I clicked on the photo for the lovely closeup! All the photos look wonderful and the jelly roll fabric so sweet and charming. Congrats!

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...