Thursday 12 April 2012

Wee Bird #6

Blackbird
Two days of quilting this week, one at Bedford with Sue Sewell.. managed to made a rabbit snuggle for a baby, and today at Poppy Patch.
Both days were sit and sew for me as I did not want to start anything else.. I have too many projects forming a UFO pile!

Today I worked on my Wee Red Winged Blackbird kit and completed my sixth bird in a set of 12. This one was difficult because of the four different black fabrics in the kit, all looked very similar, and do not show up well in the photo.  However I am pleased with the finished bird.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Nice bird... when I clicked to enlarge it and then tilted my laptop I could definitely see the different blacks. But, I'm with you disappointing that it isn't a bit more obvious... is it in person? I agree about starting new projects... don't need more UFOs!

Chris said...

I have started hiding my piles of UFOs in the closet. Is that a sign of a problem???

Marie said...

You did a beautiful job on your bird. I too saw the different colors when I enlarged it. Looks like alot of paper piecing to me.

One Minnesota Quilter said...

That is a lot of work! You did a great job.
Judy

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...