Tuesday 12 March 2013

March progress


Japan Machine Embroidery
  The Magic Diamond's quilt will be for Linus and only needs the binding hand sewn down [ a job I save for when in company as it is rather boring!]

Magic diamonds
 To make the design I used 4 strips of fabric sewn together and then cut into squares [I used 2 1/2 " strips]. Place one block horizontal and the next block vertical on top face together. Sew around the square and then cut on the two diagonals.. this produces 4 new blocks.  This method has been on a few blogs and I was shown the method some years ago.

The Japanese scene will probably be made into a bag, I really love the design.



No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...