Wednesday 16 October 2013

Instant Iron carry bag

For a long time I have been meaning to make a bag to carry my hot iron in, but never seemed to get around to it.
This evening I am teaching a workshop on purse making at Church and while packing up my things ready to go, I thought I really should have made the iron bag... SO...

I found everything I needed in my stash, and quickly cut out the heat proof wadding, with a spare piece to re-enforce the base, marked it up and layered it with a thin piece of wadding and some pretty utensil fabric.

To save time with the binding I attached it from the back and brought it forward to the front and machined it down. I would normally do the reverse and sew it down by hand.

A couple of pretty buttons bought on my recent trip to Spain and an instant iron holder in about an hour!




Iron holder bag


Just what I needed


No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...