Wednesday 25 December 2013

Happy Christmas

I'd like to wish all my blog readers a very Happy Christmas and healthy New Year.

I cannot believe how time has flown since I last wrote here.
My knee replacement on December 5th went well and I spent five days in hospital. Going home was scary but I couldn't wait. Chris has been a rock, doing all the cooking, cleaning and washing and generally looking after me.

Friends from church visited and cooked us meals which was a real blessing. Sewing friends called and kept me amused. My best friend ' baby sat ' me when Chris had to go out the day after I arrived home. Thank you all so much.

We were up early this morning to have breakfast with the traditional pork pie ( goodness knows why this is a tradition!) then opening our presents. I have lots of fabric and sewing related gifts which will keep me busy in 2014.  Chris is playing with his new tablet!

Later this morning we are off to Richard and the family for the day. I understand he was up at 5am to put the turkey on, but the granddaughters were still asleep.

Yo Ho Ho. Diana

1 comment:

Diane-crewe said...

glad to hear you are recovering well x Have a wonderful time with your family xx

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...