Tuesday 27 May 2014

Machine Embroidery

A couple of days ago I bought a machine embroidery design from emblibrary to make a Stained glass window picture of Spring. I had seen the picture worked and liked it so much I had to have it!
First came the selection of threads.
The pattern uses Madeira and my embroidery machine shows Brothers Colours but I only use Marathon threads, so it took me quite a while to convert the colour numbers. 

Each block, there are nine of them, takes about 90 to 120 minutes to sew out in a 5 x 9 inch hoop
Here are the first four

I like to use one long piece of fabric, backed with cushion soft and tear away.
I find this saves too much wasted material.
Here are the next three being sewn out.

1 comment:

aaavacuumandsewingmedia said...

I truly like to read your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such nice information. Keep sharing more about embroidery.

Embroidered

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...