Wednesday 4 June 2014

Life is beautiful progress

I have spent most of the day cleaning house or packing, we leave for Belgium on Friday via the Channel tunnel for a weeks holiday. It must be over ten years since I was last there so I am really looking forward to our visit.
The reason for having to pack two days in advance is that tomorrow [Thursday]  is our monthly IAM meeting at my house and we have visitors tomorrow evening then we leave the house around 5.30am Friday!
Its definitely all go around here.

I have been working on my Life is Beautiful Quilt so thought I would show you the progress so far. I intend to take some of the hand embroidered squares with me on holiday just in case we have bad weather.
I have used white 100% cotton with circles of fusible pellon stuck to the back, then surrounded with hexagons.
The first seven designs

Reverse with papers left in hexagons
 on the outside edges

2 comments:

Christa said...

Don't know whether to wish you a rainy day or not. Your work us beautifull.
Looking forward to a blog from Belgium. Wondering whether there is anything lace in your plans.

quiltergirl424 said...

Absolutely beautiful

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...