Sunday 19 October 2014

Fly Jab Yes or No?

Yesterday we went for our annual flu jabs, my opinion is better to be safe than sorry. Last year I had a sore arm for a couple of days but this year I had forgotten I had it by the end of the day. Chris on the other hand has it as he is in the "at risk" group and has been suffering every since with a sore arm he cannot lie on and it is red and hot. [ A well know side effect].

After the flu jabs I went to Nene Quilters Day. A large hall of about 100 ladies attended to celebrate the groups 25th Anniversary. There were displays of quilts [ why didn't I take photos!!] traders and two large celebration cakes. After our packed lunches Sally from Threads and Patches gave us a talk about her life as a quilter, she is so entertaining and has some great ideas.
The next speaker was Jan Sharpe and although she had great ideas she showed them through a film show and there were quite a few people asleep. At the end of the film show she produced the quilts she had shown on the slides... such a shame she did not show them as she talked.

The day continued with a visit to our friends Dorn and Bill for a delicious meal of salmon that Bill had caught in Scotland and vegetables and fruit from their garden. This was followed by a late evening of playing cards. I was so tired when we got home at midnight that my head hardly touched the pillow before I was asleep.

1 comment:

quiltergirl424 said...

Fly jab ????? We are having ours next week. Toyed with the idea of going to Nene Quilters but decided not to. Anyway slide show and I would definately have been one of those asleep...

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...