Tuesday 28 April 2015

A week in the Peak District

Sunday we left home in the Land Rover for a week in the Peak District, Derbyshire.

On the way Chris dropped me at the Uttoxeter quilt show, while he went to a Land Rover show at Castle Donington.

The show is quite small but big enough for me, as I find walking far too difficult. The traders had everything you could possibly want and the competition entries were very nice. My favourite part of the show was in one of the Racetrack buildings where the most wonderful display of quilts and journal mini quilts were on display. Definitely a venue to mark on my calendar.

Some of my favourites.

Loved the quilting idea in Pearl threads

 

Love the colours and combination of geometric and appliqué

Wow.. I need to work on my wholecloth (in my dreams)

 

So many ways to make crazy patchwork hexagons

My absolute favourite

Reminds me of a visit to Yellowstone.
 
Such incredible workmanship

 

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...