Friday 12 June 2015

Poppy Patch

Thursday was Poppy Patch sit and Sew day. I attend this meeting twice a month and it is always fun and somewhere to learn something new.  A few of us have been attending for quite a long time.
Cushions, smocking and bottle covers are some of the workshops they offer.
The new owners, Sam and Mary seem to have settled into their new roles as shop owners, having taken over from the previous owners that started the company in 2000.

Only draw back for me is the stairs to the workroom, which means I can only take my little Singer Featherweight sewing machine as I cannot manage a heavier machine. Having said that it is amazing what I can accomplish on such a small machine.

Having spent most of the week on my embroidery machine I did not have anything ready to take to Poppy Patch so grabbed a Moda Jelly Roll, that had been sitting on my shelf since last year [ or maybe even the year before that!] and decided I would find something to do with it.

I sewed sets of five  jelly roll strips together and then cut them into 10inch blocks. Next I randomly sewed the blocks together rotating every other one and managed to make two quilt tops [probably for Linus].
30 x 40 inch top

40 x 50 inch Moda 3 Sisters Lario Jelly Roll

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...