Friday 31 July 2015

Nature Sketches Quilt

Anita Goodesign machine embroidery patterns are always a big hit with me, they sew out so nicely.
I just fell in love with the Nature Sketches designs and even though they took forever to sew out, the finished blocks are so worth it. I decided to make them into a single bed quilt for my grandaughter if she likes it.
Masking tape used as a guide for quilting
I quilted the sides using masking tape in a chevron pattern, which went very well. Then came the middle and I did not want to take away from the designs so stitched "in the ditch" using my ordinary sewing machine. I do not like stitching in the ditch, and I admit I am not very good at it, also coping with all the fabric is a nightmare on the back and shoulders. Breathing a sigh of relief I have finished it and added the binding. I will leave sewing the binding to the back until I need a sit down project, as I always do this by hand.
Lots of tables set up to help with the weight of the quilt while getting it through my Pfaff sewing machine


Trial placement on one of the girls beds in our spare room


Binding still need hand stitching to the back

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...