Thursday 2 July 2015

The apple

Last year Aldi, or was it Lidl? had fruit trees for sale for about £3 each, so I bought two and planted them in large pots. I hasten to add I am very much a "if it grows.. great, if not .. out it goes" kind of gardener. For example everyone I know usually has a problem with  mint plants going wild and smothering their gardens, not me, I cannot tell you how many times I have tried to grow it in my herb garden. I have bought plants at garden centres, been given plants "that cannot fail" but guess what, all dead!  I may have cracked the mint problem as I now have a straggly looking plant in a pot on my windowsill. Back to the apple trees, the two I bought were a Bramley and something else, I've lost the label and cannot remember its name. Guess what... ONE apple is already the size of an apricot. Yes there is only one apple but I call that a success.
My first apple

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...