Sunday 9 August 2015

Poppy Patch Course with Helen Coverley

A few weeks ago I met up with friends from my distant past! They mentioned they were going on a workshop at Poppy Patch, a place I attend at least twice a month, so I said I would try and get on the same course. Needless to say I got on the course not having a clue what I had signed up for!

Helen Coverley was teaching a workshop making a trug, so armed with my equipment I joined Annie, Helen and Beryl, plus four other class members to make the trug. It was a fun filled day, starting with cutting the heavy card, much moaning went on, it was heavy work. Then the gluing started and there seemed to be more glue on our hands than on the trug. Finally we started sewing with small curved needles, always a difficult thing to handle.
The finished items were great and all eight of us had very different trugs.
Helen was a great teacher and gave us lots of hints and tips.
My fun trug

1 comment:

hazel c UK said...

I have been following your blog for sometime but really did have to comment today after seeing the beautiful trug you have made. Love the photos of your grandchildren, how I wish mine were little again, they are now 22 and 29 still I have some happy memories.

Enjoy the day.

Hazel c UK

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...