Friday 14 August 2015

Where did the week go?

Guess I'm playing catch up again it has been a busy week and suddenly its Friday and I have not blogged all week.
Tuesday we went off roading and enjoyed a lovely bright sunny day travelling Byways and lanes in Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire. One of the routes was so overgrown Chris had to lob off a branch blocking our way, who would have thought travelling with a saw would come in handy!

Rutland Water, a nice place to visit on route
Pretty spot chosen for our lunch break
Out with the man and a saw!
Wednesday the postman delivered FIVE parcels, four for me and one from Chris. The Jane Crow Persian Tiles crochet kit was probably the most exciting, although the new sandals for my holiday came in a close second. I also received a new packet of stitch markers and the keys to the house we are renting in Spain, they just made me want to go to Spain NOW!
Parcels galore

Thursday was a sewing day at Bedford with Sue and Annette. I decided to do my own thing as I wanted to make a cabin bag and matching handbag for our holiday. I found the cargo bag pattern on NoodleHead web site and the only thing I would change if I made it again is to put in a loose lining. I am really pleased with it and it will fit nicely in the overhead locker on the plane. To complete the 'outfit' I adapted the owl bag pattern I made earlier this month and made it in fabric to match the cargo bag. I added a zip to the top for better security and a zipped pocket inside to hide passports.
Bags for the journey

1 comment:

quiltergirl424 said...

Wow love the new cabin bag and matching handbag, fab

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...