Saturday 24 October 2015

PE Design Next

This has been a very busy week including a trip to BSK in Bedford for a One to One lesson on using the Brother PE Design Next. I have had the programme for some time, in fact almost a year! and have hardly opened the package. I decided to pay for a lesson to get me started.
Mike, my tutor, was very patient with me and having two lap tops set up taught me the basics and two hours passed very quickly. Back home I worked all afternoon on the lessons trying out different ways of doing things until my back ached, my rear hurt from sitting so long and my eyes would not focus!  I definitely need a lot of practise to master this design programme and now have such a respect for the people that digitise patterns for us to buy.

Fill stitches in different shapes.    Outlines with words in different formats and directions
I took a small photo of CJs Land Rover and cropped it, then sewed it out in Photostitch
Thursday was our two weekly sit and sew at Poppy Patch, where I almost completed another quilt for Linus. Just a small amount of binding to complete it.

Made from a Jelly Roll for Linus
Friday an early visit to Specsavers for an eye test. My first time of trying this company and I was very impressed with their efficiency.
I usually spend in the region of £280 on new glasses but even buying two pairs of the most expensive frames [ I decided to have spare sun glasses] only came to £199.
The evening was spent with our friends Dorn and Bill. Dorn had cooked a lovely meal which was followed by a long evening playing cards, Rummy 10 our "IN" game at the moment.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...