Thursday 31 December 2015

Home Sweet Home

Arrived back home in England yesterday after an awful journey through torrential rain / flooding / tree debris in Wales. A quick shopping expedition to stock up the fridge and freezer and I do not want to go anywhere for a few days. I have a date with my crochet and sewing!

As I could not transfer photos from my camera to my iPad on holiday here are  a load of catch up photos.
23rd December arrival at Dihewyd mid-Wales
Welcome basket from Wynne and Alan the cottage owners

Our ground floor bedroom

Our bathroom, big enough to hold a party in!

The cosy lounge with log burning stove and underfloor heating

Abigail and Eleanor discover the tree and decoration around the house.

24th December
Our Welsh longhouse with bunting made by me [ at the door] and the girls

Richard and Jacq arrive in time for supper
25th Christmas Day
Father and son in Christmas mood

Handing out the gifts

Abigail finds time for a little crochet

Jacq can't face more food!

Playing with our gifts, plus I'm colouring in the roof of Eleanor's dolls house gift.

Abigail's gone crackers!

Christmas dinner

Eleanor puts together her card dolls house, we all enjoyed colouring it in, especially me!
28th December [ no idea what happened to the 26 and 27th!]
Sun rise from the cottage

A visit to Aberaeron

The houses around the harbour are all painted different colours, a beautiful sight.

Two Cormorants sitting on the harbour wall

Time to let someone else do the cooking and we visit the Celtic Restaurant famous for its fish and chips

I ordered plaice [ my favourite fish ] it was huge but delicious
30th Our final day
As we finally leave the cottage at 8am Abigail plaits Eleanor's hair.
What a great week spent with the family, we even talked about doing it again next year.




1 comment:

quiltergirl424 said...

Oh yes and the fish and chips look yummmmeeeee.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...