Wednesday 1 June 2016

May Mini Mania

I have joined a new group called Mini Mania. In fact I wanted to join a couple of months ago but my computer seemed to be fighting me and would not let my request go through. Eventually [ thanks to my Mr IT Chris again!] I managed to get into the group and get my Flickr thingy working !

The May challenge is a quilt measuring a maximum of 24 inches containing a minimum of nine Cathedral Window blocks.
Having made Cathedral Window blocks years ago I needed a refreshed so a quick search of the internet produced many different ways of making them. So the challenge starts with deciding which method to use.
A few 10 inch squares [layer cake] from this pack were my starting point.

Turning them into a smaller square I used my bamboo "iron" to open the seams and turn them through to the right side.

Folding the points into the middle I sorted them into a colour scheme
and machined them together

Cream on cream squares have now been Heat-n-Bonded into place
 ready for the hand sewing of the curves.
I kind of like the new shape made by leaving the four corner blocks open but this may change.
In fact I may try another method I've found and completely make another mini quilt! 
We are now approaching the last day of the month and I have completed the challenge and look forward to June's challenge.
This will make a nice table centre.


No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...