Saturday 9 July 2016

Dutch blocks

Sorting through my cupboards I came across a set of 'Dutch girl' machine embroidery that I had completely forgotten about. I think I made them to make into a hanging holder for quilt rulers, which obviously never happened.

I have been needing a thin large bag to hold my cutting mat and rulers I take to workshops so I thought I would set to and try and make one using these odd blocks. Another rummage in the cupboard and I found a pretty blue flowered fabric that I thought would go well with the Dutch girls.
Adding a bit here and there I managed to make the perfect size bag to hold my cutting mat and rulers.
Front of the bag

Back of the ruler bag.
I also did a little more to the Dog Panel I started on a workshop with Trish at Coleman's Warehouse yesterday.
Trish's sample

Trish demonstrating binding.
She is a great teacher and now appears on the Hocanda TV show with Debbie Shore.


No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...