Saturday 16 July 2016

Machine Embroidery Seahorses

There has not been a lot of sewing in the Happy Room this week but someone on one of the groups I follow put up a picture of a Mug Rug she had machine embroidered of a Seahorse. I love seahorses so bought the pattern for myself and had fun making a couple and thought I would keep the colouring in for my holiday but I could not wait and out came my trusty Derwent Water colour pencils and I made a start. This is a new idea for me and I just love it, must see if I can find more patterns to machine embroider and then colour in. If you know of any please leave me a comment.


Applique cut out in the Embroidery machine

Ready for colouring in
Starting to colour in the seahorse

I also found a couple of free heart basket patterns, in the past I have made a lot that just have straight lines but these have little heart shapes and a Ying/Yang design. I fused Heat-n-Bond to the back of fabric and interwove them, just need to add the handles.

Tiny hearts and Ying/Yang woven hearts


1 comment:

Christa said...

Wow, everything very creative!

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...