Saturday 17 September 2016

I need a pair of shorts

Why is it so difficult to buy a pair of shorts at this time of year in a baking hot country? having trid most of the shopping centres we have visited I have not found a single pair. In desperation I tired one of my favorite Charity shops, still no shorts but a nice pair of cut-offs, so I bought those for three euros. Next a trip to buy the double sided iron on hemming tape. With very limited resources I used the kitchen scissors to cut off the bottom of the legs [ no rules or tape measures!] and set too with the iron to make turn up cuffs. BINGO a new pair of shorts even if they only last the rest of this holiday.
Kitchen scissors to the rescue

Have you any idea how difficult it is to take a selfie of shorts when your wearing them?
I'm pretty pleased with my new shorts, wonder if they will stand up to washing?
Maybe when I get home I'll use the sewing machine to sew up the turn ups.

1 comment:

Christa said...

Very clever! And looking good!

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...