Saturday 3 December 2016

Shopping

It is now six weeks and two days since I went into any kind of shop! Have I missed it? No not really and I usually love shopping. All our grocery shopping has been done on line and a kind man from Tesco has delivered it to the door. Amazon and EBay have come to my rescue for any last minute Christmas shopping.  BUT I am now starting to go stir crazy and long for a rummage in a Charity shop or a mooch in Poundland. Never mind as soon as I feel I can drive again the shops won't know what hit them!
On the flip side of the coin we have saved a lot of money, when you buy on line you don't buy all the tempting things you see in shops and keep filling the car up with fuel.

My Happy Room has been a hive of activity as I decided to try and make a Christmas tree angel for all my cousins attending our annual lunch in ten days time, nine of them. I also bought a few patterns from SweetPea machine embroidery and amongst them a Christmas stocking pattern. At check out it said buy one get one free so together with the redwork stocking I wanted I received a Santa stocking pattern for free.  Now I can't stop making them!
Trying to get in the Christmas mood

1 comment:

Christa said...

Glad you are on the mend. I have to make Christmas stockings for the twins but so far that project has not reached the top of the to-do list.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...