Tuesday 7 March 2017

Stanley Douglas SIMONS

Saturday 11th March would have been my dad's 100th birthday, sadly he died 13 years ago.

A commemorative tree was planted in St Mary the Virgin Church yard  Burton Latimer, where Dad is buried. It has been rather neglected this past year, mostly due to my poor health. Today we put that right and Chris helped weed and tidy the site. The daffodils seem to have spread and we did not want to disturb them, as soon as they finish flowering we will complete our tidy up.
Full of weeds and overgrown

Cleaned and tidied


I have many relations buried in the cemeteries at the church. Mum's three brothers and her sister plus their spouses. Also my grandparents are in the old church yard.
Sadly not looking its best, my grandparents tomb stone.


No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...