Sunday 11 June 2017

Family Tree

About 30 years ago I got really interested in making a family tree, and the hobby has continued in all shapes and sizes.
I have two wall quilts depicting my family tree, one is made using photos printed onto fabric and the other machine embroidered.
Grave yards have been searched, family members asked for information, record offices around the country visited, and of course all the on-line facilities used.  One on-line facility I come back to often is Ancestry.com and some time ago they introduced a DNA testing kit. I have wanted to take part ever since they introduced the kit but could not bring myself to spend the money. This week they offered a £10 reduction on the kit for Fathers day so I sent off for two kits, one for Chris and one for me, which arrived the next day.
It was easy to use the kit and they are in the post back for testing. It takes 6 to 8 weeks to get the results and any matches they can find to my tree... I cannot wait to see where we come from.
What are my origins?

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...