Tuesday 10 October 2017

The Mystery photo

Searching through some cupboards I came across this picture

Me age about 2 yrs old.
The photo was taken by Helen Speight at Kettering
and hand coloured in.
Not sure they had coloured photography 71 years ago!
The frame was falling apart and as I had a cheap picture in another frame the same size, I asked Chris to re-frame it. Much to our surprise there was another photo behind it of my parents wedding. What a treat to find such a treasure. Mum would have been 103 this week.
L to R Bert ? [Dad's friend I think] Edna Harris [ nee Simons] Dad [Stan Simons],
Mum [Mary Ashby] Rose [Mum's cousin] Grandad [ John Ashby]

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...